vendredi, mars 03, 2006

Caller ID... ? Do not trust - Afficheur de qui?

I was sad to see it was becoming harder then when I was a kid to do prank calls. Caller ID made it almost impossbile... but now you can fake your ID when calling someone:
"In the last few years, Caller ID spoofing has become much easier. Millions of people have Internet telephone equipment that can be set to make any number appear on a Caller ID system. And several websites have sprung up to provide Caller ID spoofing services, eliminating the need for any special hardware."


I'll be able to share with my kids the joys of calling the Chinese restaurant and getting deliveries to the school nerd that lives next door. Will still be better then a whole afternoon of Unreal Tournament and maybe prevent my kids from turning into the "crazy german kid"